November 19th, 2021
UFCW Local 555 provided notice to the company on November 18 that it was withdrawing the contract extension and it would expire on November 28, 2021.
This is premature and extremely concerning as to why the union has taken this course of action. We had been making progress in negotiations and have come to a tentative agreement on safety which has been the union’s focus on the limited number of dates that they have offered the company to bargain. Neither the company nor union have made any economic proposals yet.
What can you do?
- You should continue to report to work and serve our customers.
- Encourage the union to keep negotiating so we can reach an agreement that is good for you and keeps you working.
- Ask questions if you’re unsure about something and talk to your store manager.
- Your voice matters, and we know you will weigh all information and make the best choice for you and your family when the union calls on you to make important votes.
Here’s the bottom line
- This is all about you and providing a total compensation of good competitive wages, affordable health care, and a pension for when you retire.
- We’re optimistic that we can reach an agreement with Local 555 that is good for you and all Fred Meyer associates.
- If the company and union can work through ideas and concerns to find solutions, we all win.
- Our commitment is to be open, honest, and transparent. No exceptions.
Thank you for all you do for our customers, communities, and each other.
Return To Front Page